Sunday, September 5, 2010

Grass is Growing

Well the grass hasn't spread as much as I had hoped. I know I said it would be almost all grown over by now, but I've had a couple of problems with the irrigation. On two separate occasions the timers shorted out and didn't shut off. Both times the valve box filled with water and ruined the battery-operated valves. I was perplexed as to what the problem was because there was water everywhere and I couldn't find any leaks in the system. The entire side yard was flooded with about 3 inches of water. Man I was not looking forward to the next water bill. BUT that was where the mystery started. The bill was actually not that much. Long story short I finally figured out what happened. The lot next to me has monthly irrigation flooding and it leaked over into my lot and filled my valve box. I had to build up a berm where it was coming through. All good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment