Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Google SketchUp

I found this cool program from Google called SketchUp. With it I am able to put my house plans into 3D. I'm just an amateur on it, but I got it figured out enough to draw up and model the house I'm going to have built. The smaller structure I'm building is going to replicate one of the original homes in Glendale built by the Sine family in the early 1900's. Below is a picture of the original house and my sketchup rendition of it. Go to this LINK for more 3D images of the proposed Blue Myrtle House and floor plans. There are a couple of photos of houses at the link that I got my idea for the Blue Myrtle House. Lemme know what you think!

I sent the house plan and model I came up with to several professional Draftsman for quotes. Hopefully I'll get these drafted soon and get a permit to start building.





No comments:

Post a Comment