Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lots of Rain

The weatherman said there was going to be a lot of rain this week. He was right. On Sunday I bought some rolls of plastic to cover the front part of the house. I got it all stapled down and secured before the rain came. When the rain did come it was really heavy and I worried about all the water that was accumulating on top of the first story. I drove down on Thursday to see how the house was holding up, pun intended. It was doing fine although some water was leaking in.

In the meantime I got to work pulling out nails. It took me about 8 hours to get them all out. I think I'm going to trim up all the redwood clapboard siding instead of just stripping the paint off and reusing it on a shed. I got the idea of making it into 3/8 x 5 inch planks of varying lengths and using as an interior wall/ceiling covering. I think it will look real nice once it's planed, sanded, and stained.

From January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment