Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Hear Music

I could hear band music in the distance just as I started to climb up on the roof today. I looked around but couldn't see where it was coming from exactly. It sounded like it was coming from the downtown area a few blocks away. I figured it was some preparation for a Glendale Glitters event later tonight. After a few minutes the music started to get louder so I stopped what I was doing and moved around to the side of the house where I could get a better look. That's when noticed a couple of motorcycle cops driving up 58th Ave. They stopped the cross traffic on Myrtle Ave to make way for a parade. I'm not sure what the theme of the parade was, but there were a lot of people marching, dancing, and a few floats. It lasted about 20 minutes. Dang, I had a whole street full of potential customers! I gotta get this biz open asap.

Anyway, I worked on the roof for a few hours today. I didn't make too much progress. The front part of the roof was proving to be a little more difficult than the back. I was by myself and didn't want to take any chances with major demolishing. It was time to bring in the big guns, so I called Mark. He said he could make it by Monday morning to give me a hand. I finished the day filling up the trailer with blue myrtle debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment