Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Two Busy Months

I'm really getting behind on this blog - sorry. I completely missed May and June. It's been two busy months for sure. So much has happened I'll just give the highlights. To begin with we won't be opening until late September or early October. Worse case late October. The goal is to be open for the start of Glendale Glitters.

I'm crossing my fingers that literally today I get the Certificate of Occupancy. Which means I can move in! This is when the fun starts. My garage is full of stuff that needs to go in the BMH. Stuff like shelves, refrigeration, decor, blah blah blah.

Enough about that. The house was completed on the outside in May. With the exception of the floors the inside was pretty much done too. All that was left was to make sure everything worked for the final inspections. The inspections happened in June and into July. No big issues to report, just a couple of small items like landscaping and securing the AC unit with an anti-theft cage. The company that put in the AC is literally installing the cage today. Hopefully this very moment. It is the last item on the checklist that has to be inspected.

The other item was the landscaping. I had a tree planted and some pavers laid on the side and in front of the two buildings. I'm happy with how both turned out. I'm doing the irrigation and grass. I'm trying out an idea I had with the irrigation. I came up with a way to keep the watering completely below the grass. The video below shows the test stage. I wanted to make sure all the bubblers were bubbling before I buried them. I actually don't bury the bubblers just the tubing, the bubblers stay above the dirt. To see how Todd and I put this all together click on the July 2012 Photo Album on right.


No comments:

Post a Comment