Saturday, November 28, 2009

Man Oh Man

I never really needed a beer after doing any kind of work, but after being up on the roof for the second day in a row my nerves were shot. I'm not afraid of heights just my imagination. All I could picture in my head was the roof collapsing in on the rest of the house and me riding it down like a surfer on a narly wave! Dude! I dropped my cordless saw twice in as many days. It's freaking me out man...

Todd and I got most of the metal sheathing off the back half of the house. I decided to stop because one corner of the house is very close to the power pole. I had the power to my house (Blue Myrtle House) removed last week, but the neighbor still has hers hooked up. Go figure. I'm going to have to coordinate a day with her to get her power turned off while I take that part of the house apart. I'm thinking I'll get with the City to see if they can bury the power lines to the Blue Myrtle House and Cottage Garden II. If the power pole wasn't there I'd have the new Blue Myrtle House designed in a manner that takes advantage of the alley. Just thinking ahead.

Today is the second day of Glendale Glitters. They closed off Myrtle Ave, but Todd and I were able to bust the barricades.

3 comments:

  1. Hi and welcome to the neighborhood! I just got your website addi from Jo across the street from you. Hope everything is going well. :)
    Marian at Juniper House

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are posting again! It's fun to hear what is going on with you, Todd, and the house. More pictures please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Christmas card photo. (I'm thinking of using it for my desktop wallpaper.)

    ReplyDelete