Saturday, May 30, 2009

Start Of The Big Dig

Got up early to start digging around the house. I'm starting on the west side along the alley. This is the side the fire started. Fire damage is evident all up the side of the wall. There is actually a hole burned big enough that a person could squeeze into the house if they were so inclined.

Dirt is piled up above the clapboard siding. It's pretty rotted away in places. All of the utilities going into the house are in this area. There are two electric panels, two stink pipes, one gas, one phone (I think), and some other stuff I haven't quite figured out what they are. The irrigation has also been buried here.

I'm working my way from the electric panel towards the back of the house. Man, there is a lot of debris here! I can't figure out where it all came from.

About 8 wheel barrels of dirt and I'm ready to call it quits. Moved all the dirt to east side of house into yard. I'll have to make a giant sifter for all this dirt. Too many rocks and other debris to spread and plant grass in.

No comments:

Post a Comment